Yield: 4-5 servings
Cook time: 1 hour
1 cup green lentils
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 tsp crushed garlic
4 cups veggie broth
2 potatoes cut into cubes
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup chopped celery
- Cover lentils with water and soak for 2-3 hours (or overnight).
- In a large pot, heat oil on medium heat, add onion and garlic and cook until soft (about 5 mins)
- Rinse lentils and add to pot. Add carrot and celery. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add broth. Simmer 40 minutes.
- Add potatoes and cook for 20 minutes until soft. Season with salt/pepper to taste.